Saturday, December 31, 2011

Things I want to do...

I'd like to learn about writing code. Programming. The Roomie codes all the time and he talks to me about it constantly, so I'd like a better understanding of what he's talking about. Thankfully, one of my siblings knows where to direct me in that regard and has been quite helpful already. 

I'd like to learn a little more about servers, too, like how they work, what they're used for, etc. I grew up with a parent in the computer industry, so I'm familiar with a lot of it already, but I choose not to think about it. I don't really know why, I just know it kind of bores me. But now I want to know, so I guess I'll learn. Besides, it will help The Husband feel like I care about what he does. I do care, it's just stuff I grew up hearing.

We'll be moving into a huge house in Feb/March! I'm so excited! I'm already working out where I'll put furniture and how I'll delegate house keeping chores. Things 1 & 3 will share a room, Thing 2 will get her own room, and The Roomie will have his own room, but it'll be bigger than the one he's currently in.

The house has an intercom system! How freaking awesome is that??? Another positive to this house is that it's in a good school district and Thing 2 will go back to her old school! Thing 1 has moved on to middle school, so while he won't be in the same school that he was, he will be with familiar faces, which is paramount for a child with Asperger's Syndrome. They need to know what's next, who will be there, etc. 

I'm the same way, actually. I need to know step-by-step what's next, who will be there, where we are going, how long we'll be there, even what route we take to get to/from our destination. And every night I ask The Husband & The Roomie, "What are you doing tomorrow?" I need to know what happens every day. I feel very stressed out and uncertain if I don't know what's going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment