Saturday, January 7, 2012

Depression & Mania, Technology, and a Photo Shoot

I've had a few days of depression and then mania hit me again tonight. I invited 3 extra kids to sleep over, did the dishes, and then I cleaned out under the couch cushions. It didn't stop there... I proceeded to MOVE the love seat and clean out under it and then I vacuumed. I also have a load of sheets in the wash.

While I am manic tonight, I was depressed for the last 2-3 days. I'm guessing it was triggered by my "friend" shunning & blocking me. I slept a lot while I was depressed. The plus side to the depression is that my sleep pattern started to shift back to a more normal one. I did wake up in the night for about an hour. I hung out w/ The Roomie and discussed work & code and stuff like that. Then I was tired again. THAT is highly unusual. Usually, if I wake in the night, I'm wide awake and can't go back to sleep.

I fell asleep again around 5:30 in the morning and woke at 10. Sleep is still messed up, but at least it's improving.

Today I did some training for my new temp job. As stated in my profile (to the left), I'm an e-assistant. Today, I was learning how to download, re-size, and upload various images for the most popular, independently owned, entertainment site on the net right now. All of that stuff is pretty easy, it was just a matter of learning the process, uploading things where they're supposed to be, and moving on to the next item on the list. I rather enjoyed it, aside from technology issues.

Technology issues..... I wanted to punch a hole in my laptop today and then throw it out the fucking window. Ok, I grew up in a tech home. I married a tech guy. My jobs are both entertainment/technology related. I BLEED GEEK. Yet, somehow, technology does not like me. I swear, it knows exactly how to piss me off. Today, while trying to work on my job training, I couldn't make Ubuntu respond and open programs, I couldn't find certain programs I needed to use for said job training, and I couldn't find the damn file menu in one of the programs because it had disappeared.

I reiterate: I WANTED TO PUNCH MY FUCKING LAPTOP.

I had a photo shoot to go to for a couple of hours, so while I was gone, The Husband wiped Ubuntu and installed Windows XP. Meh, as long as it all works for me, I'm fine. I was getting used to Ubuntu, but I couldn't take the issue of it not responding, the slowness, the file menu disappearing, and not having a logical place to see what programs I have.

We'll see how it works for me to have Windows XP on here for now. I originally had Vista and that was a total system drain. Worse than Ubuntu. I'm not sure how another version of Windows will improve it, but we'll see.

I mentioned a photo shoot. I have a local photographer friend on my facebook that I met through a FB event for a nurse-in. Denny's (somewhere) had made an issue over a breastfeeding mother and so a bunch of other breastfeeding moms had gotten together to organize nurse-ins throughout the country. I met M through the FB page regarding this event in our city. Some months later, she was looking for models for her online gallery, specifically, children. I volunteered and she shot my kids. (Haaaa. With a camera, you sickos!) The images came out beautifully. She was quite patient, even when Thing 1 was being difficult. And she somehow managed to capture him in a way that you would never know he was being a pill that day. LOL

Today, she had some time to herself and wanted to take some pics, so she asked if anyone was available around 4. I volunteered again and met her downtown. We wandered around a little bit, looking for something to drink, and we came upon an event inside one of the buildings. We went inside to scope out the location of a small cafe or a water fountain. (We found a cafe.) While we were in there, though, the place was TEEMING with people and chatter and lights and noise and chaos and madness...... Totally overwhelming for me! I laughed when I told her, "Um, I have autism and this is freaking me out. So I'm just gonna stay close to you."

We found a decent place to shoot and we chatted & people watched a bit when we noticed some teenagers all dressed up in gold & black. It was a quinceaƱera and the young lady was wearing a gorgeous black & gold dress. Something had gotten on the front of it and we watched 2 teenaged boys helping her fix it. It was so sweet! M volunteered to take a couple pictures for the birthday girl and got her email addy. Hopefully, this will garner some business for M!

On my personal FB account, M posted a pic of me and I LOVE it! It came out beautifully! I wasn't sure how it would look, what with my purple hair, but it's good! I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment