Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!!!!!

We celebrated our first New Year last night! It was great! There were fireworks going off in every direction, within city limits, which was surprising, and it was AMAZING. The Roomie went out on the balcony to watch the festivities and The Husband & I joined him soon after.

I popped my head inside for a moment to check the countdown to midnight and The Husband followed me in. He planted a kiss on me that was just the perfect start to a new year. :) In that moment, I knew everything would be right in the world. Everything would go in our favor for the rest of the year.

I KNOW things will go well for us this year. Call it karma, call it destined, call it optimism, call it whatever you want, but I know things will go in our favor.
 

As JWs, we were taught that there was no point in trying to gain wealth, further our education, or improve our status in this world because a) we can't take it with us to paradise, b) furthering one's education is a "worldly" endeavor, and c) we should do all things for god's glory and it's all vanity. It's pointless.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, because my family has this mentality that we shouldn't make money or improve our station in life, we have no health insurance, we struggle financially, constantly buying things we need as soon as we get a check in the mail because OMG WE MAY NOT GET MONEY AGAIN FOR A LONG TIME!!!!!!

It's a terribly stressful way to live.

In addition to creating video games and programming, The Roomie is also a business consultant. He's working with The Husband to improve our financial status, so we'll be following his advice and doing whatever he tells us to do.

I expect that The Roomie's help will be great for us. Even though he was also a JW, he does not aspire to the same belief system that we did, which is great. The more a person thinks for themselves, the better off they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment